A musical Tuesday!

All this while today, I spent time listening to songs. I've been meaning to do this since a few weeks, thats from the time we went for the Sting show! Later, I'd heard that Eagles would be performing sometime in June. I'm looking forward to that day, even now.

What I've done today is playing out a mix of Sting, Eagles, Scorpions, Billy Joel & REM. While Sting is one of the best story tellers, Eagles are no less when you get to know The Girl From Yesterday, The Sad Cafe, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Lying Eyes and such. People who've heard Wind of Change, Still Loving You and You & I would say similar things about Scorpions. Billy Joel's She's Always a Woman and REM's Everybody Hurts make interesting stories too. Of course, there are other songs that make up good listening (and reading, for the lyrics), but these are the ones off the top of my head right now.

If anyone has any doubts about Sting as a songwriter, I would suggest reading lyrics of Russians, at least.

No comments: