Prayers to Hanuman


जय श्रीराम। हनुमते नमः।

Since quite a few years now, since I took to Hanuman chAlisA, I have been chanting the same along with a couple of other stotras daily, at least once. As I remember, there have been three occasions when this routine was broken and Hanumanji has been very kind on me by reminding me one way or the other all three times.

One time, I was at home going through a bad phase with a series of health issues not permitting me to do my daily rituals for a length of time. The least I used to do is chant some stotras with bath and later. That too, including chAlisA, I had forgotten for a few days. During the time, I dreamt through an afternoon nap that Hanumanji was sitting right on the window next to my bed and my thigh was bleeding with jets of blood! I was praying to him when I woke up and immediately continued my stotras.

Another time was at Parthi, when three of us were staying in a lodge, rushing our baths for an early darshan of Swami. Both my friends had gone ahead to the darshan hall and I was hurrying. Due to speed baths, I had missed out chAlisA for a day or two. It was pouring and the lane had flooded. I was somehow manoeuvering via corners to keep my white clothes clear of mud, when I felt something splat on my lower arm! I was wondering what happened. Lo and behold! There was a monkey sitting right above on some cables running across buildings, throwing dung!! I went back, had a bath and resumed chAlisA.

 The hat trick was yesterday, when I was late for Gurukulam class in the morning and might have dropped a few stotras. In the evening, I got pulled in after class in the library for some seva and couldn't return till post-dinner, thereby the chants getting dropped yet again. Towards the early morning, I had a dream that I was sitting at AVG Dakshinamurti temple with a group and led the entire chAlisA chanting with tAla, remembering each dohA in vivid detail! This time Hanuman's blessings were in much better form. :)

ಜಯ ಹನುಮತ್ರಾಯಾ ಬಲಭೀಮಾ.
हनुमते नमो नमः॥

ॐ तत् सत्॥
श्रीधरपादुकार्पणमस्तु॥

No comments: