My first crush

Doesn't seem true at this age, does it? Seriously, I've had stupid crushes before, but this one's for real. I want a Skoda Octavia! I've been tempted for long now. It started by liking the first looks. Then, it grew when I took Octavia taxis a couple of times while at Cambridge. Later, I'd seen Skoda ads in newspapers that talked of environment-friendliness. That just touched my heart (any Skoda personnel reading this? :) Thence, was the onset of falling in love. There have been many a loan ads that seemed decent except for my being able to afford it!

I'm not so decent at wheels, but whenever I ride or drive, I just let The Octavia go by and watch it. She's sheer beauty. I thought of selling all my assets and get her but it doesn't seem a good idea to live in the car. I'm not too much of a live-in freak. I wouldn't dream something unrealistic or even optimistic: its not Merc I want to be able to buy off; but Skoda, yes... not too much to ask for... should be doable some day.

Till then, a WagonR-er.

(PS: Although not good at it, I'm a C programmer. So when I said my *first* crush, I actually meant second. Zero would preceed one as per C norms (factually, any norms), putting zeroth crush above first. My zeroth crush was Opel Corsa and I would do all the same things I do to an Octavia now! )

4 comments:

Dreamcatcher said...

First crush...thot it wud be some really romantic kahani.
But i gues this takes the cake for being unusual.

Advaitavedanti said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Advaitavedanti said...

Romance, in regular parlance, is not my cup of tea :)

I remember an episode of TV series that had a guy wearing a t-shirt at the end, which read: "Not all men are fools, some remain bachelors". No pun intended, but that says enough :)

Anonymous said...

"Not all men are bad. Some are still not born" :)