Marriage?

Neither get surprised nor shocked on the title. Picking up the topic from a fellow-blogger's posting, this is about my answers to marriage inquiries:

--Why can't ya see me happy?
--Why marry only one?
--Marriage is for losers!
--(To people who said they've the *right* to get me married...) Of course, you have... I haven't given the right to my parents, so think *how much* right you have!
--(Touching my ears...) Brahmachari's apmaan!
--(When the above reply follows with "One must get married after brahmacharya as per dharma"...) Hah, how many of us follow it and take to the forests and/ or Sannyasa after married life? Anyways, Brahmachari can take Sannyasa.
--In our tradition, Sannyasis don't get married; I don't know whats your custom!
--I've a verbal contract with my parents: they don't ask me to marry and I don't take to Sannyasa.
--What if I leave my wife and run away post-marriage? You'd be responsible for ruining an innocent girl's life then!
--I'm not refusing marriage; well, I'm not accepting it either! I'm neutral to it.

Yeah, all that in fun and harshness; I choose whatever works for the purvapakshi, er, opponent! :)

These are as far as I remember my replies. I don't think more are necessary. Most of those who ask such Qs are satisfied or put off with one or more of above.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally understand!

Most people are happy to live a 'safe' yet mundane life...
Your resolve is commendable.
All relations are transient..The only 'true' and everlasting relationship that we can possibly have is with 'GOD' alone.

God bless you!

Advaitavedanti said...

Glad that you're inline with this thinking of mine!

Thats perfectly said; there's no equivalent to Sanskrit *prema*, since its love for God.

Thanks, wish ya the same!