Things that don't go well with me...

  • Resume: "hardworking", "honest" in strength. If you can't identify a strength, don't write it; but if you've to say you're hardworking or honest, what kind of world are we living in?
  • Management: "We have to execute". So what were you doing so long? Sleeping?
  • Leaders: "I did this...". So your team comes into office for free lunch?
  • IP: Forget the business we are in, lets make money somehow or recover what we've lost! Lets also give those jobless lawyers a livelihood.

4 comments:

Sharan Sharma said...

i just hate resumes!

I usually recruit through references so i urge the candidate NOT to send their resume but come along for a coffee.

I hate to see MBA students mugging up their "5 strengths and 5 weaknesses". And of course, in 'weakness' we'll find things like "i work too hard". What nonsense! :)

We just contribute to so much lying :)

Advaitavedanti said...

Hey, Sharan, thanks for returning back here.

Thats a good approach!

"I work too hard" people are best sent home! :)

Yeah, but many managers like such lying... the entire system is funny. I imagine there are schools that teach making up such nonsense! :)

Aparna said...

This is a thought I relate to.. And Sharan great way to recruit.
I have people who tell me that their resumes are 100% fake and they are employed. They say I am wrong when I say I will not even tweak mine to get a job :) The loser that I am as they say ;)

Advaitavedanti said...

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment, Aparna.

I wonder what kind of people think that those with morals, principles and ethics are losers! Perhaps, the ones that find as easy a way out of jobs as they find it in. :)

Anyway, cheers to ya!