For love of Hawkeye!

Sriram and I have, many times, been buying 2 copies of things that we liked, for each other. This time around, however, he decided to get me the best gift without duplicating it: a personally signed book (Things I Overheard while talking to myself) by Alan Alda, and his autobiography (Never have your dog stuffed) too! I'm going to be selfish and say that Sriram got his gift in meeting the charming Alda. :)

This is how I took pleasure in hearing out their meet:

Alda: Who's this book for?
Sriram: Its for my brother who introduced me to M*A*S*H and since then we've been big fans of it.
Alda: Where would you like my autograph?
Sriram: Right next to your picture. (He made sure that there were no typos by handing the exact words on a PostIt)
Alda: (signed so): -------------->

To Praveen R. Bhat

alan alda

It turned out to be the best gift from my best friend Sriram and the best actor that Alan Alda is, the Hawkeye I know.

1 comment:

Radha Krishna. S. said...

Too much!! That must've been a gift of a lifetime!

Cheers! Am happy for you! :-)