Tata Sierra, a temptation

Last June, I was in Bangalore around this time. I'd been planning to buy an old car for some experimentation in a village and I used to like Sierra as a child. So giving into temptations, I just walked into a used car dealer's and asked him if he had any Sierra Turbo. He had two and I asked him to get me the latest: 2001 model. Somehow, I was in a hurry to leave Bangalore and waited for hours for him to get the vehicle. By then it was pretty dark and I couldn't see the vehicle well. I liked the drive off it and trusting the fella, closed the deal. Next day, I picked up the car, but saw that it had many issues! Still, I paid heavy for the car, spent a lot over it on electricals, some A/C work and interiors, new speakers, insurance and drove from Bangalore to KA villages.





Unfortunately, I had to leave KA and end up in Vasai in MH, before any experimentation or major drives began. I drove fully packed to Mumbai and since five months, Sierra is lying mostly unused, sucking dust, with children having a gala summer vacation, scribbling over it with whatever they find, even stones or sharp objects. By such hurting, I decided to sell the car, got new art leather seats, JK Brute 4x4 tyres, A/C cooling coil, receiver-drier, expansion valve... well, the works, . I spent around 2.75L over all thus far. The offers I got are ridiculously low to even discuss. Best ones among them were with one chap agreeing up at 2L and another at 2.2L, if I get it to him. I planned to leave tomorrow, until few minutes back, when I went for some minor issues and fell in love with Sierra once again! I'm tempted to keep it now for a while and think over more, because I'll never find a 2001 Tata Sierra again.

I suppose human desires never end and I'm falling for it once more, but then again because I bought the vehicle for some use last year that didn't work out yet, I don't need to do away with it at such a loss.

6 comments:

KVS said...

Well, Sierra is surely lovable. Keep it, use it.. don't spend much more.

Advaitavedanti said...

Well, the sad fact is that I can't/ don't need to use the vehicle at Vasai. It deteriorates by the day. Lets see what fate decides. :)

PS: I didn't know you blogged until this comment.

GUESSWHO said...

Sierra, looks good to use. I hope it don't give you more problems.

Advaitavedanti said...

Yes, thats why I got tempted to keep it. I'm thinking not to increase my possessions/ attachments. I might give it away, after all. :)

Advaitavedanti said...

Hi Advyth,

If I had kept the car still, I would have sold it to you man! :)

Unfortunately, I gave it to another collector of Sierras and assume she's taken care of well. The engine, gear box and suspensions were in an awesome condition due to which I bought the car. I did get cheated on the body, seats, interiors and other parts because of which I ended up paying a lot of money to get it up to my standards. The earlier owner was a super-idiot who painted a good car shabby. The paint job was sickening and am kind of glad that kids scratched the car. At least a fresh painting is called for now. :)

Try your luck on Tata Sierra Yahoo group, hope you get a good car.

Unknown said...

Hey praveen, thanks for the reply bro... Glad that the car is in good hands, it deserves to be. I found myself a well kept stock sierra turbo 2000. It my turn now to build it up to my standards. Anyway, thanks again for the reply mate. Hope everythings well.

Cheers.