Traddiction

In the days when nonsensical additions to English dictionary are taking place with words such as Jai Ho, I'm working on something similar myself. Due to economy crisis, people are struggling to make any money anywhere in any way. For example, out in the US, people known to be generally nice earlier have suddenly turned cheats. They are dumping their cars in far away deserted areas or burning them and claiming insurance, instead of wasting effort to sell those when there are obviously no buyers! For some reason, they don't seem to know that insurance cos. themselves, among other financial institutions, are in trouble.

In India, OTOH, the stock markets are celebrating the strong growth prediction by a seemingly strong govt, post elections. They are attracting lot of foreign investments too, possibly to take away the profits once a certain stage in markets is reached, causing the Indian stock market to crash. Despite knowing this for a fact, some small players like me are trading in extremely risky and volatile conditions. That, my friends, is what I'd like to call as Traddiction and is defined as follows:

Noun
  • (n) traddiction: being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on stocks/ stock markets that is psychologically or physically habit-forming (especially even when losing money).
  • (n) traddiction: an abnormally strong craving to trade in stocks regardless of profit or loss.
Adjective
  • (adj) traddictive: causing or characterized by traddiction "traddictive stocks"; "traddictive behavior"; "traddictive markets"
Noun
  • (n) traddict: someone who is so ardently devoted to stock trading that it resembles a traddiction) "an F&O traddict"; "a day-traddict"; "a short traddict"
  • (n) traddict: someone who is psychologically dependent on stock markets; abrupt deprivation of the shares trading access produces withdrawal symptoms
Verb
  • (v) traddict: to cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent on share/ stock trading, especially a risky one.

2 comments:

Rajiv said...

You could learn a lesson from our nice American counterparts to dispose off your car :-)

I've developed Acute traddiction over the weekend - planning to pick up some Satyam shares in the Cash segment today!!!

Advaitavedanti said...

That won't work here; our insurance cos. are bigger crooks. They'll take my premium, give me 50% coverage and if I try those tricks, I'll be left without car or money and behind bars after being thrashed by their "gundas". I'm safer giving away the car free instead. :)

Satyam is a nice pick. When it was low, I didn't have internet access. When I'd internet access, I didn't have enough money. When I had internet access and enough money, traddiction took over to lose all profits by buying lots at very high levels. In short, good luck. :)