Passion of life!

What do you think is the aim of life? We love, hate, eat, drink, sleep, etc and as we look back each day on our achievements, where do we stand?

To what extent will one go to live her own life? Or as the case may be, to live someone else's? What is fair, whats not? Whats good, how bad is one? Who is to decide that? We vote for a govt. We don't. Either case, we crib later! What do we want? What do we all want? What qualifies as a successfully lived life?

These are some of the questions that run around in circles for me as I look back. The moody self that I am, I turn momentarily happy at small things in life... like the fresh breeze of air while on a bike, a kid's smile, sunrise/sunset, birds chirping. Then there are times that make me upset. Be it a lonely afternoon or for that matter, no reason at all. These ups and downs take me through each moment of the day and will be so till I die. But all experiences teach me that no matter how happy or sad I am, I live on. This, I do blissfully.

So isn't life meant to brush the day to day things aside and look within for the eternal bliss? As I write this, I age and take one step closer to my death that awaits me to ask: what have you learnt this life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

passion of life is to puzzle us from the day one we are born.
only those who have passion for life solve them.
and they r only one,to say when the question comes "nothing,plz give me another life."

Vasant G. Hebbar said...

Dissatisfaction with the first view of life- is the beginning of philosophy.

Regretting yesterday is a trap not to do anything today. I would ask whether I did any wrong knowing it. I would avoid it if possible. Life is learning - NOTHING. We will have no messages to give.

We have no control. When we do have, we have no control over control, which is no control again We are always taking body for granted. We always talk of mind control. But unless we learn to control body, mind control becomes difficult. Thank the body first for all the wonderful things it does for us. Unlike in the case of minds, efforts to control body show concrete results. Healthy mind in a healthy body.

I know mind control is a must for body control. This type of mind control is the first step for mind control. Proceed systematically to avoidable confusions.

We have lived eternally. Let us go slow and become steady. Leaps and jumps are not for us, that is, unless we practised in the past.

So, (i) forget the past. (ii) Don't neglect body. (iii) Go slow.