Aaj jaane ki zidd naa karo

There was this Asha Bhosale sung song with a music video that I saw the other day. While the song was melodious, I looked up a young *modern* couple on screen and went on to conclude that its a run-of-the-mill junk video! But there was one scene that I particularly liked: a small kid pulling her dad's hand. For once, I was impressed that someone considered a father-daughter (or son, for that matter) relation in the video. Of course, the relation with one's mother can't be overstated. In fact, right here on my desk, I've today's quote by Swami reading: "You may be able to pay back any debt; but the debt you owe your mother, you never can repay."

I'm reminded of Amir Khan's dialog" Kahaan likhaa hai ki ek maa apne bete ko ek baap se jaadaa pyaar de sakti hai?" in the movie Akele Hum Akele Tum. I liked his character in the movie, where apart from having the overstated male ego, he also has this immense love for his child.

I would also like to say at this point that the new-age liberal women while saying that they're equal to men, they also want to keep the fatherly love below that of maternal love. I wonder why!

1 comment:

Vasant G. Hebbar said...

Mother is pravRtti: The MAYA. God's grace alone can help you understand His MAYA.