The voice of God

The voice of God is heard in the depths of silence. This is the one thing that I used to wonder of and being talkative myself, was never sure of whether I'll experience it. Since a few days now, I've been reminded of this again and again and now, I know why.

Dakshinamurti used to teach in silence and so did Ramana do so. That was the height of communication. Very few living, if any, can do any bit of such teaching now. Its only dependent on the ability of the student, the bhaktaa. The grace of God is *felt* in the silence. Silence *is* the voice of God. Its not about words that answer the questions. Its not a voice that is literally heard that keeps on answering the questions that you put forth in your outward silence and inner disturbance. If such is the case, thats the mind's game! What happens is that silence gives you immense bliss. Its like the time you've been through a set of bhajans or dhyaana or something of the sort, immediately following which you're in no mood to talk. You're in fact in no mood to face the world. You just want to remain calm and ignore the world around. Now I know thats the real meaning of "ignorance is bliss". It just happens, there's no stopping!

I've been experiencing amazing bliss in the silent moments. What it means is that I'm ready to dive into the depths of silence, swimming or floating at first and then actually getting drowned. Now is the time! Now is the time!! Now is the time!!!

om tat sat

ramaNArpaNamastu

1 comment:

Vasant G. Hebbar said...

Mercy, O God, Mercy, do not forget my friend.