- Darshana of six Ganesha temples between dawn to dusk on one single day, one in Kerala, the other five in Karnataka.
- This is known as the Ganesha coast, also known as the Parashurama kshetra.
- Drive to Kasargod in Kerala (We were at Honnavara in Karnataka).
- Night stay at Kasargod.
- Start from Kasargod early morning having darshana at six Ganesha temples, first at Kasargod, sixth at Gokarna (also known as dakshiNa kAshi).
- Six devasthanas are: Madhur Ganapati at Kasargod, Sharavu Ganapati at Mangalore, Aanegudde Ganapati at Kundapura, Hattiangadi Ganapati at Kundapura, Idagunji Ganapati at Honnavara and Gokarna Ganapati.
- The total distance is around 330 kms. To and fro clocked 630 kms on my car though.
Kasargod to Gokarna, dawn to dusk
There's a trip I took a couple of weeks back (8th Jan 2009, Thursday) I'd been planning for over 2 years now. It was planned to be a bike ride initially and so it got postponed through the rains into winter, which turns out to be good biking season. However, I'd company and went by car instead. I totally forgot to blog it due to the fallen habit of procrastination. Now, I'm not sure if I'm interested to write details at this hour; I may paint it out in another weblog later on some day, but here's what it is in short: