I, I

Ramana's "Who am I?" enquiry process is expected to end in *I, I* for everyone. Here's where my understanding led me yesterday on why its called as *I, I* against just *I*:
  • Its continuous; any continuity need be expressed more than once.
  • It indicates that the I he talks of as Self is not the I we know as ego.
  • It shows that the I lives with other (perceived) I's around.
  • It expresses that the nirguna I and saguna I go hand-in-hand.
  • It means that the I is advaitic, even while living in dvaita.
  • It voices that this I is that I.
  • Its the living expression of tat tvam asi.
ramaNArpaNamastu

1 comment:

raghav said...

Bhatta,
As I've already mentioned to you, the idea that struck me about I I while in Premier bookshop was awesome:
Ramana says that the Spiritual Heart is the centre of consciousness and similar to the Physical Heart's rhythm, the I I is the rhythm of the Spiritual Heart!!!
ramaNArpaNamstu.