Horrors of war!

I'm done and dusty with M*A*S*H season 8. This one is more serious than the earlier ones. Its not just that the MASH team had matured every season, but the characters themselves had evolved!

There's just too much pain & killing around and although the surgeons in a Mobile Army Surgical Hospital seem to be like just any other doctor, they're under more psychological pressure than one can imagine.

I can relate to MASH in more ways than I know. Being brought up in hospital quarters is one, while spending 5 yrs as a biomedical engineer going around lots of hospitals, witnessing the operations, patients in ICU/ICCU, etc, is another. There's also something that tells me that I've lived as a doctor in times of war. There is just not one reason I can think of to be valid enough to kill another living being. Its all so inhuman and so much of unbelievable karma that piggybacks these things! It not only does eat you up in the present life or following ones, I think it affects the country much since the people with like karmic pasts tend to accumulate in nearby geographical areas. So "birds of a feather flock together" is not a present life thing per se. But then again, humans never learn these lessons!

There are no winners in war, only losers.

No comments: