Quote unquote 0-3

I was gifted a-word-a-day by someone some 7-8 years back. More than learning these words, memory not helping, I started focusing on the quotes that end each day's mail. Having a liking for such, I started collecting them and then thinking all sorts of things on them, forwarding people hand-picked quotes, arguing over these and even making some people believe that I run a list of quotations! :) When I stopped at one point, I received a mail from a friend asking me to restart it.

In the past six odd months, we've had trainees/freshers here who found a whiteboard to scribble daily quotes on. I picked up a habit of commenting on these boards (in hiding)... I haven't spoken to these kids at all! Unfortunately, they're on vacation or something and I'd to find another board where another chap has started QOTD. To no one's surprise, I leave junk on these quotations too.

I can't recall all but now on, I'll register these. With this entry, I'm starting a series of these nonsensical twisting of quotes. This is something that I intended to do since a long time now!

Lets start by ones I can dig back:
0. Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
My take 1: In short, good judgement comes from bad judgement.
My take 2: Over time, you don't make bad judgements anymore; so you're not making good judgements either!

1. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
My take: Use someone else's feet
Rag's take: Use your head, instead! (I like this one better :)

2. Train your mind to what the situation demands.
My take 1: Have an empty mind? :)
My take 2: Free your mind --Morpheus, Matrix


3. A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it.
My take: Conscience and sin are, both, subjective.

No comments: