I'm dying!

Maybe, strong words, but thats what I think it is. I'm tired of fighting. Its as if I'm waging someone else's war that serves me neither a purpose nor suits my interest. These are classic symptoms of aging, perhaps. More likely is that I'm born in the wrong era. This world is a world of dogs trying to bite off a bigger piece. Its not nice to be stuck in between selfish people. I'm stuck between crossfire, fighting for God knows what, but I'm getting injured!

This may sound like I'm cribbing, but I'm not! Agreed, I used to, but now I'm not. Just leave me on my own; thats all I ask. There was a time when I was career-minded, trying to get my worth. Now, I'm trying to not live up to that image. Someone told me the other day to do some (nonsensical) leadership stuff that I've been doing for donkey's years, but not getting credit. Then, after I gave up the fight for growth, they wanted me to grow. I don't want it. What need does anyone have for me to grow when I myself have lost all interest? Simple, his growth depends on mine too! But no, please. Well, get someone else.

4 comments:

Aekta said...

Aging, at 29?? Please don't say things like that, you will break my 31-year old heart.

And I like the new template :-) Suits you.

And snap out of it. There's lots of things to do tomorrow.

Advaitavedanti said...

lol :) They say a man is as young as his heart feels. Well, so it is: a man is also as old as his heart feels :)

Thanks... the template does suit me!

Thanks for your concern, but there's nothing to snap out of; all's momentary. ("Dil ki baat jabaan par"). Even this life! You may've felt so due to only half the posting. The other half was censored. I'll email ya that piece too! Esp, read the ending.

Manas Garg said...

That's what the trouble with the world is. You can't remain in the world and do nothing. People will keep shaking you up or down depending on what suits them. And if you don't want to be shaken up and down, well, either leave the world (not a bad option) or be ready to pick a fight.

Asking the world to leave you on your own is too much to ask for...

Advaitavedanti said...

True, considering the former option :)

I think I'll mail ya the second half too, Manas.